Land Assembly & Brownfield Sites
Fitzalan Court, Newport Road, Cardiff
- Acquisition of this prominent, economically obsolete office complex in Cardiff in Joint Venture with McLaren Group.
- Change of use secured for 355 Student Bedrooms arranged in studios and two bed flats.
- To be ready for occupation in September 2017.
St Edeyrns Village, Bridge Road, Cardiff
- We assembled this 150 acre landholding and set up the ‘St Edeyrns Consortium’ with a view to securing planning permission for 1000 new houses
- The development will provide a new primary school, infrastructure, affordable housing and a Riverside Park accessible to all.
- PMG successfully secured a Reserved Matters planning consent for this scheme in 2015 and concluded complex abnormal cost negotiations with the purchasing National House-Builder in April 2016.
- Previous developers had tried for thirty years previously to obtain planning permission without success.
Church Village, RCT
- The development of a site to provide 270 family homes in Rhondda Cynon Taff
- Resolved significant issues related to ransom and access issues, ownership, conservation (SINC) and further site assembly requirements.
- Sale agreed to a National House-Builder at full value.
Chiltern Close, Llanishen, Cardiff
- Acquisition of a 1.2 acre Brownfield site with a redundant 22,000 sq.ft laboratory
- Opportunity to provide a sustainable location for much needed residential accommodation in Cardiff
- Secured planning permission for 70 one and two bedroom apartments with on site car parking.
Former Bernard Hastie Site, Morfa Road, Swansea
- Acquisition of the Bernard Hastie industrial site (7.3 acres)
- Change of use granted for a residential scheme of 142homes
- Site assembly and environmental issues overcome
- This was a very complex planning permission to have achieved on a site with many varied and significant issues. Without these being unlocked this site would still be redundant to this day.
- Sold to National House-builder.
Copper Quarter – Former Addis Site
- Acquisition of Industrial / Brownfield site adjacent to the River Towy
- Secured detailed planning for 564 residential homes
- Sold to Barratt Homes following receipt of planning
- Acquisition of the 8 acre Brownfield site
- Secured planning consent for 170 new homes and a 3 acre nature reserve
- Overcame significant infrastructure problems and sold to a national house-builder
PMG Properties Ltd - Joint Venture
- Joint venture with the Bible College of Wales to maximise the value of the 3.5 acre site
- Complex planning permission secured for 54 new executive homes on site A with site B currently subject of a planning application
- Record land value achieved on sale of site A to Taylor Wimpey
PMG Pullman - Joint Venture
- Joint venture with Pullman Fabrication Ltd, the railway coach builders to relocate their site
- Various company relocations and new site assembly
- Site sold to Cardiff University following vacant possession
PMG Canal Parade Ltd - Joint Venture
- Joint venture with engineering companies, Cyrus Engineering and Taylor & Sons, obtaining residential consent for (164,000 sq.ft)
- Promoted this strategic site in the centre of Cardiff
- Obtained agreement on change of use from Industrial to residential
- Various leasehold and covenant issues negotiated with Cardiff Council
Marks and Spencers
- Acquisition of a 130,000 sq.ft distribution depot, let to Marks & Spencer
- Subsequent negotiation of a surrender of their lease and gained planning consent for 170 residential units.
- Sold to a national house-builder